SCHEDULED ACTIVITY: 16th October Peñas de Cabrera
Peñas de Cabrera is considered a prehistoric sanctuary within Montes de Málaga, a geological unit which comprises interesting geo-tour inputs.
The site is formed by Permian –Triassic sandstones where ancient artistic painting representations were performed inside rocky vugs and cavities. The origin of such cavities named “taffonis” are believed to be created by the wind forces “aeolian origin“.
PURPOSE OF THE VISIT
The purposes of the site visit are several:
- We will make a geo-tour making observations related to the vegetation, environment, shape of the cavities and their origin, and their geological settings.
- We will visit ancient rock cuts as an example of prehistoric mining Works
- We will admire the artistic paintings inside the rock vugs
- We will visit a copper mine on the neighborhoud
TICKETS AND PRICES
- General (Museum visit) 4€
- Reduced rate 3€ (retired persons more than 65, unemployed, and childs from 7 to 12 years old)
- Site visits, excursions 6€ (Guided tour, english spoken)