SCHEDULED ACTIVITY: 25th September El Cardenillo mine
This small adit has an extraordinary interest as copper mineralization which generates colourful crusts on the walls and roof of the cavity. Such crusts are the result of intensive water circulation which decomposed copper and zinc sulphides, making soluble in water as sulphates called “Vitriolos”.
PURPOSE OF THE VISIT
The main purposes of the site visit are remarked as follows:
- The study of typical copper deposit within the Mediterranean climate, from surface supergene area to primary unweathered ore mineralization.
- The observation and study of an outstanding roman mining work alongside their peculiar mining features.
- Some geological remarks related to the presence of Mantle origin peridotites, and thrust fault areas.
Read here the RULES FOR ASSISTANCE ACTIVITY »
TICKETS AND PRICES
- General (Museum visit) 4€
- Reduced rate 3€ (retired persons more than 65, unemployed, and childs from 7 to 12 years old)
- Site visits, excursions 6€ (Guided tour, english spoken)