SCHEDULED ACTIVITY: 23th October Arroyo Linarejos
Linarejos ravine is a small stream which crops out at the south of Sierra Alpujata massif, place named Juana Diaz.
This area represented in the past a significant mining district known since Roman age, as per existence of metals, lead,silver and zinc ores included in jasper veins.
PURPOSE OF THE VISIT
The purposes of the visit are several:
- We will make an alluvium prospection trying to identify the composition of those sediments.
- We will understand how far gold existence legends were drawn in the past
- We will use washing pans and introducing to visitors the stepped method of gold-alluvium prospection through our experts.
- If time helps us ,we will continue our geo-tour exploration, visiting the old mines and miners instalations as a part of our heritage.
Read here the RULES FOR ASSISTANCE ACTIVITY »
TICKETS AND PRICES
- General (Museum visit) 4€
- Reduced rate 3€ (retired persons more than 65, unemployed, and childs from 7 to 12 years old)
- Site visits, excursions 6€ (Guided tour, english spoken)